View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 03:18 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Here in Murrica, you gotta watch buying a Yooropean FM set, some of the early ones only went up to 100 or 102 MC or MHz, if you so desire..But most of those must have been foreign nationals moving over here, the "Factory imported" sets in my experience all go up to 108.
I'm beginning to think some makers obliviously sent truncated european FM band sets to the states as imports...For over a decade now I've had a Blauplunkt (must be some Joyman onomatopoeia) HiFi/Bar console rotting away in various storages...That set has a 100Mhz FM tuner*. About a month ago at a swap meet someone asked me for advice on a Blauplunkt and it was (aside from finish color and metal speaker grill overlay delete) the same EXACT console...

I've only seen 2 of the same chassis Yoorupean sets maybe 2-3 times and most were 108FM US market sets...So I wonder if old Blau sent obliviously sent the US market some half off FM band sets.

*It used to drive me nutz cause AM was dead on that set and last time I had it in the house/powered, I lived in a place where the only FM station that played ANYTHING worth listening to was at 101.5 FM.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma