View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 01:37 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
I have a switcher before my transmitter. I can switch between "watch what is on in the front room", "watch what I am playing 24/7 on the Arcos AV700" (You'll notice it's almost ALL vintage playlists....repeated), and "watch something on a DVD" (NEVER done yet)

I do watch my electricity use though, so even though the transmitter and player are on 24/7...it's just a small solid state 50mw thing (HLLY Villa), and the sets are ONLY on when I wanna look at 'em. Since all my collection is "micro"....nothing I turn on is gonna piss off the fuse panel of an old '60s Huffmann apartment building.

The transmitter is sufficient enough for me to even take a little Sony set down to the driveway and watch it while replacing an alternator in one of the cars. THAT gets an awful lot of curious comments.

"So.....HOW the hell are you watching My Favorite Martian on that, and WHAT channel is carrying it...and so CLEAR??" I always make sure to be on batteries and have the rabbit ears up just to add to that mystery :-P

Last edited by AiboPet; 08-03-2012 at 01:46 PM.