View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 06:03 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Yup...RD0510 with a build date of June 1992

The one that is dead (was an ebay thing "for parts"...that I gambled on just for fun)...is also an RD0510 with a build of April of '93

I was just looking at the junked one...and looks like at some point I stole it's speaker and antenna to likely rescue something else. I don't have a CRT checker...so I can only assume it's CRT is likely still fine.

Also.....I was about to PULL the little HV module off that Sony 42A.....and suddenly noticed a crack in the board just under it. Jumped two traces and that little $5 Sony is up and running again :-)

The RD0510 that does not come up makes a very faint horizontal output squeel for about a half second when you first bring it up......but I have no schematics for it. I just looked for some very obvious things like weird looking caps and breaks, then I set it aside since it was "cute"...but not really that exciting. I kept it around just in case something else was gonna need a 5" Samsung 15CAC66X color tube (like maybe my JVC CX-500 someday)

Now since I have one of these that runs....I don't really think it's gonna be in my "display"..but rather just a color set I can use to fix a VCR,DVD player or something. It does have A/V rca inputs. Iit's QUITE portable...but does not have a battery box. Does seem to have a respectable picture though that can handle a good B/W I Love Lucy episode without any real tinting.

Last edited by AiboPet; 09-16-2012 at 06:16 PM.