Thread: Ct-100
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 01:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
Do you do anything special when snapping screenshots?
These are simply quick shots with my iPhone. I guess I got a little lucky with the lighting level. I didn't have to adjust the brightness up or down from normal viewing for those shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
This also provides a bit of hope to anyone with a rather anemic looking 15GP22, provided of course it's still under vacuum.
If anyone has a CT-100 with a weak picture tube, I'd recommend this method of squeezing more life out of it. Not sure how long this will hold up, but I don't see any change after a few hours of viewing. I don't watch it all that much, so it will be a while before I'll be able to tell how well it's holding up. Much nicer to have it watchable, and something that can be demo'd without having to have a completely sympathetic viewer.

Anyone have any idea why I'm seeing the screen voltage behavior I mention above (red is stronger at low screen voltage, not higher)? I wonder if the higher screen voltage is throwing off the purity? Wouldn't really seem to make sense that it is actually lowering the emission...
Audiokarma