View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 03:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

I did more tests with heaters. Not having a hydrogen furnace for as high a temperature as necessary, I made a simple glass device. It replaces the hydrogen furnace. Water electrolysis takes place in the vessel on the right. The purest hydrogen is produced by electrolysis of an aqueous solution of potassium hydroxide on nickel electrodes. It is used here. Gas bubbles can entrain small amounts of potassium hydroxide with them, which is detrimental to the heater insulator layer. Therefore, there is a scrubber in the path of the gas, containing water with a small amount of phenolphthalein. This is where the hydroxide particles are absorbed. The pink color means that the water will be replaced soon. The pure hydrogen flows further into the vessel with electrical feedthroughs. The electric current heats the heater and the process can be controlled by regulating it. The used hydrogen flows out through the siphon with the "glass" on the left. This piece of apparatus is also very important. By lighting up the gas bubbles coming out of here, I listen to see if they are shooting. If so, it means that the hydrogen is still contaminated with air and the apparatus still needs to be flushed with hydrogen. Only when the hydrogen quietly ignites, do I start the sintering process of the insulator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kataf1.jpg (75.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg kataf2.jpg (44.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg kataf3.jpg (48.3 KB, 38 views)
Audiokarma