View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 01:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Another update on this VCR, Its now having problems with the mode switch, and I can't seem to find the mode switch this VCR uses as a NOS part anywhere online (not ebay, or any Electronics Parts suppliers.)

I was wondering if there were any other models of Panasonic or Quasar VCRs from the early to mid 1980s that used the same type of mode switch as the PV-1730 did?
If so which models were they so I could possibly look out for those models as parts units on ebay or locally on facebook marketplace.

I think right now the mode switch is all that's wrong with the unit, because I was able to sucessfully repair the power supply issue mentioned previously (I found capacitors in my stash that were the correct voltage) and it started up and loaded and played and FF and Rew like it was supposed to for about a day but then after I had unplugged it to put it back together and put it away, I went to try it out the next day and then it started acting up again.
This time I think it was the mode switch because when I tried to clean the mode switch I think I might of damaged it and not realized it, and so it worked a little bit but then it failed for good.