View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 06:52 AM
M is for Memory

I sort of do this (I just don't run it constantly). What I use is old-ish machines with S-video port equipped video cards (I can't run anything newer than windows 7 and support those cards). Some cards you need to look for the maker's software to fix under scan. What I do once I have it working with no under-scan is play videos with VLC media player and my web browser when I want to watch youtube or the like.

It should be possible with VLC and a big enough hard drive to make a playlist that runs 1-3 days and IIRC there is a way to make the play list repeat too. As far as web videos you could download them and add to VLC's list or just come up with ideas.

I've got enough computers to do this on 3-4 channels but I only watch maybe 0-1 hours a day most of the week so I prefer to put my setup to sleep when not in use to save wear....Case in point: my favorite PC for this (a Dell Dimension 9200) has died of capacitor plague a second time and is waiting on me to order replacement caps.

Some of my B-T modulators have gotten to need repeat repair work from long service hours.

Also if you are transmitting without wires if some clown tries to send the FCC after you their chances of success radically drop if you are not on 24-7 but rather on a somewhat random schedule...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4