View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 03:04 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampson159 View Post
those cabinets left alot to be desired!triplers went but not as often as any other sets.back then they were cheap easy repair.any good crt will produce a nice picture in this set.we did many swaps and recorded the results back in the shop.zenith crts always looked the best if a sylvania wasnt available.would like to see pictures of this
Funny, seems just about every time I read about a tripler replacement it's being done to a Sylvania. Just coincidence I guess.

I was going rebuild my E48's cabinet with real wood, but the more I dug into it the less re-usable material I found, maybe 3% of the entire cabinet. So, I just gutted it, broke it down which proved easier than with most cheap furniture and tossed it along with the vented CRT. Now I'm awaiting a donor cabinet, preferably one that originally housed a B&W set. If it's solid and I like the styling I'll use it. I kept the CRT end cap in case the convergence board sits almost flush with the back of the donor cabinet as it did in the original. Finally, I steamed and carefully peeled off the model sticker.

As for the OP's set, yeah we really could use a model number, and a chassis number while you're at it.
Audiokarma