View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 01:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

The funny thing is that I've gotten 2 HDTV sets (Flat Panel sets) that were "junk sets" and they had a really simple fix to get them going, one of them was a Samsung 32" Plasma Smart TV from 2015 that the set wouldn't turn on anymore (I got it from a friend of mine) and all that was wrong with it was one of the boards was bad in it (the main board was bad, because the main control chip had some cold solder joint issues which was supposedly able to be fixed by reflowing the solder under the chip with a heat gun, but that didn't work for me) so I ordered a replacement board on eBay for $20 and free shipping, popped the new board in and the TV has been working fine since (I forgot to mention it was a 3D Smart TV.)

My housemate now has the 32" Plasma and is using it for his computer, and that's because I found at the local recycling center a 55" LED LCD Smart TV from 2016 that all that was wrong with it was that the smart software was no longer updateable but it still worked otherwise, I just use a Roku Smart TV device with it and its just as good as having the orginal Smart TV software.