View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 10:55 AM
Alchemizes cash to tubes

Thanks for all the advice. I went back and did another filament continuity test of the original tube, and it looks like my original tube wasn't faulty.

I also went ahead and restested that 1K resistor under the rectifier socket. The results were mixed. An ohms test across the resistor with the tube removed is reading just about 1K, within tolerance, but a continuity test across the same resistor is showing no continuity. At the same time, doing another reading of the anode wire is showing stable continuity when I flex the cable, so I'm inclined to believe that's actually fine, but I'm also getting no continuity across that cable when I measure from the opposite side of the resistor. Is that normal, or is the resistor suspect?

If my high voltage turns out to be fine, will it be possible to be seeing the same results if I'm not getting a signal to the tube? I'll have to go back and check with the anode lead plugged into the CRT, though I'm not sure of a safe way to pull back the rubber cup and look for the spark. Gloves perhaps? If anyone has a method for that, I'd love to hear it.