View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 04:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
I stated "close to 0 ohms" ... IMHO 2 ohms is likely close enough, but for a better measurment, you should remove it from the board. I usually use a small exacto knife or scalpel to carefully cut away most of the rubbery glue.

jr
OK, well the closest thing I have to an exacto knife is a box cutter and that's it. Which I'm assuming a box cutter will do the same thing as an exacto knife except not as precise as an exacto knife. anyways if you had to guess as to which capacitors on the power supply board would be bad which ones would you suspect first? The ones closest to the back of the board or the ones in the middle or the large electrolytic capacitor?

Also I've never seen a LCD TV with 6 inverter connections before, I've seen them with 2 or 4 inverter connections but never 6 connections and certainly never on one side of the LCD Panel before, usually the inverter connections are at the top and the bottom of the inverter board but this is the first time I've seen the inverter connections come out on one side of the board. Is there some sort of advantage to doing it on one side of the inverter board as opposed to the traditional way of doing it with the connections coming out of the top and bottom of the inverter board? Could this possibly be an early LED TV?