View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
Even with a good scope, you may or may not be able to see the ring in the wave form. First Sams will have to had put it in the schematic, Its always possible they just don't chose to show a spot that happens to be the source of this specific problem, and second, you/he would have to be able to pick up on it, and then be able to figure out where its coming from. If it's not confined to one spot, its possible it shows up all over the set, then its back to checking individual parts. And who knows, it could be coming from the flyback, and just transmitting that into some near by improperly shielded item. Anyway, it looks like its a big enough disturbance that it can be tracked down.
Well I am confident someone in the past was looking for the problem. All the diodes in the blanker and HO have had their leads cut and resoldered. So they didn't find it and must have given up.

I think I asked this before, but would a leaking voltage divider cause an issue? I know the top of mine leaks and I have a replacement for it. Just got it and was planning on installing it.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650