View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 08:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks guys!

When I first brought the car home, I threw on that set of Illinois Antique vehicle plates which came off my '65 Chrysler that I sold last year. I just wanted something on the car when I took some photos before I got it registered. In IL, if you register your car as an Antique Vehicle (it must be 25+ years old), you can run a set of vintage IL plates that represent the year of the car, hence why I've got the '72 IL plates on it now.

We brought the car home using my dad's 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 which pulled that load like nothing was behind it. Dad is retired, so his truck doesn't have the miles on it like mine. My Blue '04 Chevy pick up took a break from the long haul since it's got almost 300K on it, but I won't let it go because that has been the best truck I've ever had and still serves me well for my weekend estate sale runs.

As for storage, I keep them in a neighborhood garage of people I became friends with who had extra space. They give me a good deal and help them take care of their houses since they're older folks. But I've maxed out all of my available spaces now, so no more cars! LOL!

Last edited by drh4683; 08-12-2015 at 08:50 AM.