View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictv80s View Post
NowhereMan 1966:

I'm very sorry to hear that your mother is ill. I hope she gets well soon. I've always enjoyed reading your posts, especially the ones about your 1982 Zenith TV.

We had a Sharp microwave that was purchased new in 1986. It was a great unit, but my mother gave it away to my aunt when she needed a microwave after her old one quit working properly. We bought a new one to replace the Sharp, and a couple of others along the way - all of which have had significant problems. I wish we had held on to that 1986 Sharp.
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm also looking for work so money is tight, before that, we were considering an LED TV. Still at least I am with Mom since I have to take her to different doctors but it is rough. At least the Zenith is free, bought and paid for. The Zenith does have a couple of small issues, for about the last 8 years or so, the pic gets a red tint to it but it flickers back, it does it a bit and then for months it is fine so we might have a tricky capacitor in there. Sharp did make some good microwaves back then.