View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotvnut View Post
Recently, I advertised a 20" RCA with jacks for $20 and a 27" Magnavox for $30 on a local facebook buy/sell page with zero interest; but, let someone advertise some POS Funai-built flatscreen and people are fighting over it. I'm a rat's behind away from not bringing home anymore TV's, unless it's something for me. I'm to the point where I'm tired of dragging this crap home, fixing it, and having it sit here from now on because everyone has turned into a snob. Used to, I could sell any kind of working TV I got my hands on because people didn't care - they just wanted something with picture and sound.
Someone's playing hardball with me over a 1988 20" XL-100. It's not in reach of the bus system and the person won't bring it to me even though I offered extra for that. He said it's been for sale for a while and will sit until it's sold. Good luck to that money-loving bastard. Also, I asked him if it were possible to get someone else to bring it into the city while on their way, to which he agreed to try, but decided not to and didn't tell me until I asked about it again. Seems that he was hoping to get that extra cash for "whenever he comes into the city". I told him straight up that he only gets the extra if he makes a special trip. Haven't heard from him since. I made an offer that many here would consider ludicrously generous. The more money these sub-humans get, the more they want.

Last edited by Jon A.; 08-10-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Audiokarma