Old 06-03-2018, 06:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
WTF ?
Its a $20 radio ! If Sony really designed & built it in Nippon
NOT Red China MAYBE a $25 radio.

That being said Sony abt 8 yrs ago came out with a new type AM
radio. IIRC 2 chips. One for output the other for everything else.
The radio was not your typical super-het. The little things was
an AM DX monster. There was a cult following with a forum etc.
Wish I had got one, they were under $20

73 Zeno
LFOD !
Model #?

Oops, my dim eyes. I misread that as "When I got one..."

My alma mater Mississippi State Bulldogs just began (after weather delay) to play Oklahoma University Sooners (I now live in Norman) for a spot in the BCS baseball tournament in Tallahassee, which prompted me to pull my little Sony out of the box to listen in on local AM. It's a good little pocket radio, but not a great one.

My best friend, Chad, is a sports nut. I'm an audio nut. And I love radios. But I am not the kind who cares much whether my team wins. Don't get me wrong, I like it when MSU wins, but I'm not disappointed when they lose, like some of my relatives, who are grumpy after a loss, and takes some a week to get over it. That would be too much grumpiness for me - just can't maintain it that long. Chad's a huge Sooner fan. I'll be happy whichever way it falls, since one is my home-town team and the other my favorite. Be nice if MSU won today, as it would require another game tomorrow. Not being much of a sports fan, these factors make today's game the high point of the year in sports for me. Forget the Superbowl or MLB World Series; no other match-up would garner this level of interest for me. Yeah, the ideal is MSU wins, forcing another game, then whichever team wins, I'm the big winner.

I can't lose.

And MSU leads 13-5 in the 9th. Two on, two out. OU at bat. Gordon has thrown 111 pitches this game. and a called strike for 112 ends the game. His girlfriend may have to pitch tomorrow, 'cause I think she's all they got left - has a good arm for a girl.

Last edited by musichal; 06-03-2018 at 10:47 PM.