View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 02:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

bluish 19AP$

sorry been busy, but No it's blue with my eye as compared to the old one, I know white balance all too well as I worked on in Broadcast Video Service and Working for the Packers in Replay.
I noticed this right away after I was just bored and replaced my old Slow warming 19ap4, I only did this because I had 2 N.O.S Tubes from the same person, not Rebuilt but NEW from Dumont but like 3 years newer or so..its a pain to replace, and you get used to it but I noticed the Blue right away.
here is a pic from the same set before and using the Exact DSLR Camera with the old original CRT .
I'll just have to get used to it, maybe for kicks I can push a RCA 630TS next to it and Take a few more pictures and compare.
but it seems that I remember someone Noting the same thing many years ago on this site, like 12 yrs ago or so. but my eye notices in person that its blueish for sure
Also maybe it does have to be Aged in like others have Said, I'll run it for hours and see. and I have found out that you can't blast away the Contrast or Brightness or you will get Retrace. I had pulled the whole chassis and checked it out, these Tubes for sure are not super Bright, it would be nice to find an Aluminized one, but those must be rare, I know they were made that way, I think Tung Sol shows it listed

Last edited by wiseguy; 07-19-2016 at 01:00 PM.