View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 08:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
Hello everyone today at Goodwill I found a complete 1970s Kenmore Canister Vacuum that had all of its original attachments yet and it even had the cord that recoiled back into the vacuum when you hit the switch on the front of the unit. it is of course your typical period Avacado Green (but all the more reason to like it because it shows its period charm).
Anyways the vacuum is absolutely clean, even the beaters on the power head attachment for the carpets was spotless not a single bit of hair to be found in the beaters.
This vacuum was apparently immaculately taken care of which is unusal for a vacuum this vintage.
Anyways I would like to know what you guys think of this vacuum, as I fell in love with it the moment I saw it come into the store through the donations (don't worry it was on the floor before I bought it). I plan on using this vacuum to sweep out my car and to sweep the floor in my workshop area because I have a much nicer Kenmore vacuum that I don't want to grunge up and or damage by vacuuming up things like old wiring or screws or rivets from old radios or TVs or VCRs or Stereo equipment or record players tha I may be working on in my workshop in my basement.
I have one, that's a little fancier then that one. Mine has the controls on the handle end of the hose. It has a softtouch keypad that controls the speed of the vacuum motor and the motor in the powerhead. It must control the functions, by virtue of line carrier, as the connector has only two wires, like the simpler machines. It has a circuit board inside that must control these functions. It was a freebee, that had a bad cordreel.
I just removed the cordreel and hardwired the power cord, so it would work.