View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Banned

Yep, this vacuum still works like a charm and I can still get bags for it yet, the only thing I can't get anymore is the filter for it, because apparently according to the Sears Parts Direct Website the filter has been discontinued by the manufacturer supposedly and that there isn't any substitutes for it, which is kind of odd because when I looked at the picture of the filter in question it looks like a filter I've seen used on other things like air purifiers besides being used in vacuums. Perhaps you guys might be able to help me figure out where to get a filter for this vacuum. I've posted a picture of the filter in question below.

Also the 3 digit manufacturers number on the model number of this vacuum is 116 so I don't know what manufacturer that crosses to but when I looked it up online trying to use those lists you were talking about all I found was the cross-reference list for the large appliance manufacters but not for the small appliance manufacturers, so it was little help to me, does anyone on here know what company the manufacturer code 116 crosses to, whatever company it is, its still around today still making the kenmore vacuums because even the modern kenmore vacuums use the code 116. does it perhaps cross to someone like Hoover, or Eureka, or Royal?

Also the cord reel on mine still works perfectly yet and apparently mine doesn't have a switch on the hose assembly for turning the carpet attachment on or off with it just turns on and off with the main vacuum switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PD_20_116_703322.jpg (12.5 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Captainclock; 03-01-2017 at 10:06 PM.