View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Lately, I've been trying to help out some people from my Church, we have a facebook group for things needed, or wanting to donate, etc. Been coming across a bunch of people that need vacuum cleaners lately, and I've started seeing more and more of them in the trash, so for the heck of it, I've been picking them up and rebuilding them (consisting mainly of cleaning all the disgusting stuff out of them, disassembling them, sanitizing them as best I can, new belts, and rehoming them).

I just got done with two bagless units, a Eureka Boss 12 amp, and a Bissell 12 amp bagless. I am highly embarrassed to say this, but they make my Kirby G6 look like a bad broom

These are by and large the most incredible vacuums I have ever used. They make the pile look like new, and the Eureka sucked up a SOFTBALL size wad of cat hair and dirt that my Kirby missed, over the whole house and furniture. This is after I just vacuumed the day before with the Kirby. I replaced the Hoover Convertible that I'd been using (had to put a new motor in that when the plastic impeller shattered when it sucked up a nail) with the Kirby, when it was given to me in the usual pre-trash disgusting condition.

Thought I'd hit a gold mine until I used the Eureka Boss. Just wow