View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 09:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Some RCA schematics have adjustment procedures that assume you don't have a scope... Consult your copy of the sams for the set for that...IIRC it varies from chassis to chassis.

If your college has a tech/physics major/minor they probably have scopes that you may be able to get permission to use. May be worth it to bring the chassis if you can't finish it.

Everything I mentioned in my first post is a possible cause of no screen light...so is a dead CRT, but I assume you have tested it.

I do have an update on this set. I spent hours trying to adjust it with no luck, but something interesting did happen. After shutting the set down and walking away for a while, I powered it back up. The flyback sounded like a modern tv and the screen lit up, then as the set warmed up it went back to the normal darkness. It really has been a frustrating project.

I have not tested the CRT yet actually since it did used to kinda work and my CRT tester never has an attachment that works. Yesterday I did get 4 different CRT testers in various conditions so they need to be tested.

Also I got a few oscilliscopes. I see test points in the schematic but am not sure how to actually do the tests. Do i remove the chassis and poke around with the scope? I don't see any way to hook up a scope and adjust the horizontal at the same time any other way. Sorry for the questions. This is the first tube set I've had.