Thread: AMC Eagle
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 11:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Nope. No data bus at all.
If there is any data bus it's exclusive to a tester that plugs directly into the CeC and evaluates standalone.

Anyways, the time has come to slosh the six month old gas out of the tank and get it insured for March. It badly needs a new battery and clamp. The current "Certified" brand unit is seven years old and fails every load test you can imagine. My problem however is the battery pan dimensions are weird.

To spec, the pan fits a 25.4 x 15.4 x 21cm battery. I cannot use the stock 330 Cranking Amp battery that you can still find at Wal-Mart or Canadian Tire because it likely will not have the umph to start the car in -25, or keep all the goodies I'm cramming into this car alive for any period of time with the engine off. Plus for $30 less I could get a battery with 800 Cranking Amps and 40% more reserve capacity.

Problem is all the replacement batteries I have found so far are 16.1cm wide. Lengthwise they all fit in the battery pan but the slightest amount of width prevents it from completely falling into the tray and being clamped down. What should I be doing about this?