View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:29 AM
<----Zenith C845

It's interesting to me that many of you seem to look down on BSR record changers. I had a Zenith IS-4041 four-mode integrated stereo system with a BSR changer; had the system 17 years, never one bit of trouble with the changer, although I never used it much (most of my music was on cassettes in those days [now on CDs as well], so the cassette deck saw much more use than the changer ever did). However, I knew someone in the '80s who had the same opinion of BSR record changers as do many of you; I once told him my stereo had such a changer in it. He responded, "BSR means BS" or something like that, so I guess BSR record changers had a bad reputation even thirty years ago, or perhaps even further back than that. I always thought BSR changers were made by a British company (BSR MacDonald, IIRC) and, as such, were a cut or more above other foreign-made (and even some US-built) changers. It would not surprise me one bit if BSR wound up outsourcing its business to offshore companies thirty years or more ago.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 10-15-2011 at 01:13 PM.