View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 11:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

It seems that the 24AHP4 is not as bad as I thought, ( or what the BK 490B told me it was,)
The unstable brightness issue seems to be due to me not having the correct control for brightness yet, calls for a 200k pot, tied to 120v and gnd, with the center post going to CRT G1, using what I had on hand used a 500k trimpot.
Obviously now, not a good idea, because I noticed that it's overheating and causing an unstable picture, too small to take to load, so until I can get the right parts for it, I intend to replace it with 2 ½ watt 100k resistors, with the CRT G1 hooked to the center, this should give a decent pic, otherwise I would have to adjust the values.

As for sound, that too is a bit tricky, since I have not gotten IF up yet, it did not seem to work with the tuner subber, direct input at the audio output where the volume control USED TO BE, gave too weak of a output, (point 32) , I have found the output of the detector, which used to go to the tone control, (point 31 ), these can be linked to enable sound at full blast.

https://i.imgur.com/22toG2w.jpg

From what I have read, the 6DT6A is very close to the 6BN6 which was used in my Arvin, which had a AUX/phono input hooked to the detector at G3 (point 30) via a resistor and bypass cap, gonna try to see if something like that will work here as well.
Audiokarma