View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiboPet View Post
Dunno.....ALL of the little TRs use the same one with the funny little squared off tip. I thought it was 7.5v unit....but could be entirely wrong. Almost positive it is NOT 12vdc though...or I would not have gone through the trouble to find the exact one when I needed one. If you are using a 12v one.....you are likely gonna cook the regulator. The battery pack is 4 x AA size batteries...so the set likely runs at 6v internally without looking at a schematic, so I'm still guessing the wall wart is gonna be 7.5vdc.

UPDATE:

Found one of mine specific to the set. It's part number (Panasonic) TY-AC39P

Input is AC 120V 60Hz 55mA

Output is 11.45vdc (positive tip) as measured by a Fluke meter (no load)

There is no output specs printed on the outside of it. I even found a second one that is running my 1020....same exact model and specs.

Looks like all three of the little TR series use the exact same one. I don't have the CT101 down here at home to look at (It's up at my Dad's house)
No, I'm pretty sure my CT-101 uses a 12VDC Wall Wart, & has a conventional round tip... I've got a couple of those WEIRD Sony FD-535 "Not Trinitron" 5" color sets w/FM radios, & they use 13.8 VDC wall warts-Try findin' one of THOSE...