View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 09:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

So I got another one of these. This one is a 1974 model with the 19EB13 chassis. It works and produces a great picture (all I did was adjust the vertical size, rotate the yoke a little, and shake the tuner). Some channels still won't work, I'll probably have to clean contacts in the tuner. And I'll clean all the dust and dirt off the chassis. I'm not sure if the auto-off timer is working or not, I hear something, but if it is moving, it's moving slower than it should.

… Now that it's been on for a while I can tell that it does move the slider control down, but it seems unable to actually switch it off.

The antennas were broken (as they almost always seem to be), but what I did was to take apart some antennas that were similar but attached with different brackets, then put those antenna rods in these brackets. It worked, but was not easy to do, there's a spring in there you have to compress while crimping together the piece that holds it in. The new rods are longer, but don't get in the way of anything when the back is on.

pictures...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 74zen1.jpg (44.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 74zen2.jpg (68.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 74zen3.jpg (31.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 74zen4.jpg (51.3 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Adam; 11-25-2015 at 10:56 PM.