View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 06:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etype2 View Post
Okay. I’m glad your parents Roku is working again. Still some unknowns. If their new house was older in years, they may have older style cable throughout the house. Or the internet signal might be split more times than the previous house. Some newer homes, but not all have Cat5 cabeling.

But since the new Roku is working with the same setup at your parents house and the old one is working at your house, I think the reconnection at your house removed corrupted RAM (memory) from the device. Also the reconnection at your parents house probably removed corrupted RAM from the modem/router. Sometimes the television is the problem and power cycling the TV will fix the problem.
Their house they just bought was built in 1997, their old house was built in 1962, there was some weird hacking done with the original cable runs in the house but my parents had that repaired when they had their cable service transferred from their old house to their new house because there were some cable hookups in the house that weren't working so the cable company came in and repaired the cable runs.