View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 02:50 PM
RCA 741PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzsaaw View Post
Just a quick question,BobAndersen, Looking at the quote below and the picture... What is the value of the Safety cap and the type of cap (Caps from Justradios website)? I looks like you installed it from one side of the ac line just before the pilot light to chassis ground at that term strip. I just can't see if you used the chassis ground or another terminal on that strip.

Also, my schematic shows a 7C6 tube for the Detector/Audio stage but I've got a mini tube just like your picture, and the tube is a 50B5. Still looking for a correct schematic. Any idea where I can find one.. I could just use my Tube book and pencil it in I guess.

As someone else in this thread mentioned.. During the war they used whatever parts were at hand.... and got the job done.. Get 'er done!

I appreciate your time. Fun to bring back an old thread too..

Buzzsaaw
Glad I could help.

I used an X2 type because it goes across the AC line. You might find this article on safety caps useful.

The schematic I downloaded from Nostalgia Air shows a 0.04 uF. I chose a 0.047uF (or 0.05uF) as the closest available value.

Sorry, i was never able to find the correct schematic for the 50B5 version.