View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
There will be no waveform at the collector lead. Disconnecting the HOT will stop the horizontal sweep and high voltage pulses from being generated. They are the most likely source that drives the ringing since they are the largest currents and voltages in the set, but may not have the ringing themselves anyway - they may only be exciting the ringing in related circuits. With the HOT disconnected, you can look for the ringing elsewhere, but it may no longer exist.

Edit: have you tried experimenting with auxiliary grounding wires just to see if the on-screen pattern changes? If you see a change, it will help to identify hot spots for the ringing.
The ground wires were next on my list. I got the new scope and was trying to isolate the ringing. From there I was going to check all the grounds by using a jumper to a good ground source. If that didn't work, I was going to look at the caps and resistors.

If I can get the ringing waveform back with the HOT removed, I'll continue my troubleshooting while waiting for the new HOT.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650