View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 07:48 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by decojoe67 View Post
That must've been great. Since I started in the hobby I've loved anything associated with Atwater Kent. I never tire if them. You see a lot of the common one's, but they made some unique models that you don't very see often. Amazing how simple/purposeful the '20's models look, yet they convey a sense a quality. The cathedrals are all classics.
I know what you mean. I've got an AK40(sounds more like a gun than a radio ) very utilitarian but at the same time very well made and good quality...Had that thing nearly a decade before I got to it. My best friend from college had/s one that came from a realative and had been passed down since new. He wanted it fixed, and wanted my help. I had only done one 20s set up to then, but was willing to try since I had a complete parts set. It went well enough that I did mine within about a year. It is real novel to think I'm listening to a radio that is a decade shy of a century old!
Someday I'm going to find a decent AK cathedral that won't scare my inner cheapskate...Till then the 40 is good enough for me.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 04-08-2018 at 07:54 PM.