View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 11:18 AM
VideoKarma Member

Record Changer

I was lucky enough to find this record changer, I actually have two of them. One is in the Windsor I already restored and this one will go in the one I am about to restore. I have two newer, not very high quality, record changers I swapped out to replace with these.
Your Magnavox uses the same physical configuration as my Windsor, in that the FM Tuner is below the main AM/Shortwave receiver/amplifier. I notice that in both your Magnavox and my Windsor the FM modulator bezel is a slightly different shade of brown from the main tuner/amplifier. I also note that in the case of my Windsor the backing plate is larger than the bezel but in case of the model 152B which I will be restoring, the bezel occupies almost 100% of the opening. I can see just the very slightest edge of the backing plate.
I'll get it apart these days as I have time and see but I am wondering if I will be required to cut that backing plate in order to install the FM Modulator, or if there is something already punched out below the blank cover.
I'll post pictures as I get it apart.

Yes, restore that Maggie. They sing really really well. I listen to the Windsor almost everyday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5930s.jpg (61.4 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Tommyd; 10-19-2015 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added comment.