View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Bob Galanter

Great discussion guys. Thanks!

To more enlighten you as to if it's drive line or barkenhausen: The line looks like the "drive line" in the photo above. It gets stronger as you turn up the H drive control, and get dimmer when you turn it down, however it would not go away with the control at minimum.

All caps were replaced so it is probably not that, however I did not check voltages on the HO tube to see if they were in line with what is expected.

In any event a good NOS Sylvania cured the issue, but several "International" brand imports had the same issue as the original defective tube which was also a Sylvania. My biggest question is why the difference between various NOS tubes? That just dosent make much sense. You would logically think there has to be an underlying cause as to why several new tubes would not work properly.

FYI the thing that led me to replacing the HO tubes in the first place was that I noticed the getter flashes looked a bit off color, a tad bit brown around the edges of the flash. So I took a chance in swaped tubes and got lucky with the NOS Sylvania.

BTW, the line was right in the center of the screen left to right and ran all the way top to bottom

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com

Last edited by ohohyodafarted; 04-10-2016 at 05:42 PM.