View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
What are the original part numbers? 121-868's are TO-202, not what you have installed in the set (TO-5's, probably 121-775 or 121-777s, IIRC). Zenith made a mod kit that modded the video outputs to the 868's. You seem to have received the replacements for the 868s, but without going through the mod. Were 868's what you ordered? With the original number, I can look up the mod kit for you. The mod kit has the 121-868 transistor, the proper heatsink and that gooey heat sink compound. The sams I have lists the 868s, but not the original part numbers, you have to get that directly off the transistors.

If your set is operating ok, there is no need to do the mod.

Cheers,
Oh yeah, she working fine. I've just been trying to stock up on some parts so in the future I can handle anything that comes my way. I've been trying to get my hands of this TV for years and now that I finally have one, she's staying with me for a long time.

I'll be opening her up on Monday or Wednesday and I'll pull the sink off of one and get the number.

Now I could use a little assistance. Do you know how to increase the brightness range? I've done the adjustment of the brightness limiter and it's dead on. Only thing is, I have to crank the brightness almost all the way up to get it to where it's enough. I've never had a set where there was so little headroom to go higher and I don't think the limiter I set is the issue. I'm thinking I may need to crank up the G2s a little more?

Anyway, thanks for the input. I figure if the transistors for the outputs are working, and the replacements aren't actually going to make an improvement worth the effort, I'll just be patient and find OEMs of the current ones.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650