Thread: Bill Cahill
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:14 AM
<----Zenith C845

I wonder about this as well. Why on earth would a hospital "kick out" someone who needs medical help, particularly emergency help? The only explanation I can come up with for this is if the hospital finds out the patient doesn't have medical insurance. However, there are such things as charity hospitals (Florida should have at least one) that operate on private and/or public donations. There are people who are on fixed incomes or who are outright poor and cannot afford the high costs of health care, especially these days.

"Kicking out" anyone from a hospital for any reason, after all, goes against the purpose of hospitals in the first place; these facilities should be available to anyone who needs medical help (especially emergency help), even if it means taking the patient to a charity facility. I cannot imagine why the hospital Bill Cahill was in did this unless, as I mentioned, the hospital he was taken to, not to mention the one in Milwaukee which threw out someone without shoes or a coat, has very strict rules regarding payment for services. Even then, as I said, there should be emergency provisions for patients who cannot for any reason afford health care. Hospitals which make a habit of turning away patients are setting themselves up for potentially ruinous lawsuits if the patient dies because he or she was refused.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 01-31-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Audiokarma