Thread: Three wheelers!
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 05:38 AM
Administrator

Talking Three wheelers!

Now call me nuts if you will (you wouldn't be the first), but I just LOVE 3 wheelers.

Here's why I personally prefer them over quads:

1. They are MUCH more maneuverable than quads. I can circle a tree with a 3w easily, quads have a turning radius as big as a small car.

2. They scare off would be drunken cowboys that would want to borrow your machine and take it for a ride

3. It takes skill to ride a 3w, you have to pay attention to what you're doing

4. About half of the people who have never ridden one think they're illegal

Haven't had one in a LONG time, so I picked up my absolute favorite of all time last week, a 1983 Yamaha Tri Moto 125. I had one many years ago, and now that my kids both have motor toys again, it was time to get back on 3 wheels. Paid only $300 for it, and after a thorough carb cleaning and adjustment, she fires on the first pull

Now the two stroke 125 Tri-Moto is probably one of the least desired 3ws out there, it's not a super fast machine, it's a loud and smoky 2 stroke, and the motor when running sounds like a tomato can ready to fly apart. I just LOVE it!

First is a pic of the 3w I HAD (which mine will become). Second is the one I just got, and third is a pic of me and my two boys....it's our "serious" pose
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yt125-1.JPG (40.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg new_one.jpg (83.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 0712131944a.jpg (88.7 KB, 54 views)