View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
The monitor's CRT may be almost dead, from your description. Have you tried leaving the machine on for an hour or more to see if it gets any brighter?

As far as starting the game, can you read any of the print on screen? Can you tell if it accepts coins and gives you credit when you insert quarters?
Well the machine was rewired so that you just flip a switch inside the machine to get credits, the coin-slots are no longer operable, and as for the display you cannot make out any text on the screen without having to look at it just right in the light.
As I had mentioned in the original posting the display is so badly washed out that you can barely tell its on unless you're up close looking at it, and the game's graphics look like screen burn-in instead of actual game graphics.

Any ideas as to where one might get a new monitor assembly for this unit without having to put out a ton of dough for it?
By the way there are a couple of arcade game repair shops near me but I have no way to transport the unit to the aforementioned shops and I don't want to have to pay the $60 house call fee to have the game looked at...