View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 10:09 PM
TheUniversalDave1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
Your Zenith roundie makes a darn good picture using that LG/Zenith DTV converter box, although I did notice the convergence is slightly off at the right edge of the screen. In the image your set is showing, the misconvergence seems worst with the word "Atlanta" on the weather radar map.

What are you using as an antenna with that DTV converter? You mentioned you don't have cable or satellite, so the only way your set would work at all would be with a DTV converter box, and I'm sure you are some distance from Birmingham's TV towers so you would probably need some sort of outdoor antenna. I wasn't aware these boxes were even available anymore, as inexpensive as many flat screen TVs are these days (I see some sets with 20-inch-plus screens advertised in my Sunday paper for under $200), although you said yours was a 2009 model so you've probably owned it since the beginning of the DTV conversion.
Thanks, and yes, I'm aware of the convergence issue. I tried doing dynamic convergence using the coils on the convergence board, but they didn't do much of anything. I got it as good as I could and left it alone.

I got my Zenith converter box brand new in the box in January of this year at an estate sale. I'm using an Iron Butterfly antenna.