View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 11:28 AM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
Examples of HDTV problems here. In Cleveland you only want to cover the city but not lake Erie ! So odds are most the power goes to the S & SW.

Zeno, I live very close to the south shore of Lake Erie (within a mile) and can hear most Cleveland AM and FM radio stations very well. However, I have problems receiving two DTV stations from Cleveland, both on VHF DTV channels. One of those is the CBS affiliate on RF channel 19, DTV channel 10. I remember when this station first signed on the air in 1985, long before DTV. It had a station identification that said, "We're 19. Stereo television for Cleveland . . . and . . . Lake Erie." This tells us this station, which had well over 3 megawatts of ERP before DTV, did cover a large part of the east lakeshore area; however, when it converted to digital, that signal weakened to 9.5 kW ERP, causing all sorts of reception problems east of Cleveland, including where I live. These reception problems on channel 19, and also the FOX affiliate on channel 8, were the reasons I eventually gave up on OTA television and installed a Roku box. Now I can get 8, 19 and every other Cleveland TV station as clearly as I used to get them when TV was all NTSC analog.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 12-16-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Audiokarma