View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 08:11 AM
I love old stuff

Post 1989 Romania 4.5 Volts (4 and 1/2 battery). Got it 2 days ago. The only one with that cover that I ever seen.
"Dura" was the original name of the Romanian batteries - I think the company was intially owned by a German company ("Dura" Element had the same figure runing on the Earth Globe as some Romanian "Dura" batteries). After communism camed to power, it becamed part of "ELBA" ("ELectro BAnat" - Timişoara, where they used to make them is in Banat region) so the batteries where named "ELBA" too, but in 1990 they asked for a separation at the brand "Dura" resurfaced.
But somewhere around 1994-1996 the manufacturing of batteries ceased. The technology was outdated, resulting poor qualty batteries (Chinese batteries where poor qualty too, but they probably where cheaper). There is today one "Dura" company that produces some electric components for cars in Timişoara, but it's a German company, it haves nothing to do with the Zinc-Carbon batteries manufacturing. The buildings of the plant that used to make batteries still extist.

Does any one owns sizes AA (R6) - D(R20) recharageble batteries (accumulators) from the '70's-'90's?
In U.S.A. high capacity R20 accumulators are cheaper then in Romania...