View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 05:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

It's a 1970 model (probably, the sticker with the model number was mostly worn off), but it's a 14A9C50 chassis. It's one of the earlier hybrid chassis with the solid state IF, but no dura-modules. It's not in the best of condition, looks good from the front, but a little rusty on the back and inside. (Not too serious rust, it will probably clean up ok) The CRT was changed at some point (It's a channel master not a Zenith chromacolor CRT in there) - but there's no green halo. I was told there was no HV, and it came with a spare flyback, and what I think is probably the original remote. I'll add some pics later.

I haven't had too much time for TVs lately. I haven't done anything with this color Zenith. I've poked around the remote RCA b/w some more. (It's a 1965 model) There is something I have yet to be able to track down that is causing the picture to overload. It's one of the weirder TV problems I've seen, I was going to write up a thread about it, but I haven't had time.

And on top of that, the vertical size is shrinking on that 1957 Zenith SC200 console (the one in the picture up ^ there) - I would bet it's just the vertical output tube, being that I totally recapped that set, and I do watch it semi-reguarly. And I need to put a tripler in my 1974 chrome cabinet 25EC58 Zenith - and I haven't had time to do any of it...

Last edited by Adam; 10-19-2017 at 05:47 PM.