View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Collector of heavy things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
With your name, you need... A Coleco Adam!
Oops, left it off the list, but I indeed have one. The computer part works, but the printer is majorly messed up. The daisywheel carriage constantly seeks to the right, making a lovely racket when it rapidly bangs up against the end of its travel. Truly a disgrace to my good(?) name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter scott View Post
I have one of these (although the display on mine is not quite as bright). The HP9100A had register operations and logical and scientific functions with maximums of 16 storage registers and 196 program steps. Core store remembers them nicely. This was the only desk top calculator in a lab of 60 engineers when I started working there in 1972. It sat on a trolley with a little flag on a telescopic aerial so you could spot who had it in the open plan maze.

Peter
Lucky you! I'd love to find a HP 9100A/B. So far, I've amassed a bunch of HP's pocket calculators, including a nice example of the HP-35. Amazing how far they were able to come in four years, squeezing (most of) the power of a scientific desktop calculator into something which fit in Bill Hewlett's pocket.

More of these can be seen on my calculator page.
-Adam

Stereo: Pioneer SPEC-4, Pioneer SPEC-1, Kenwood KT-7500, Dual 1219, Nakamichi BX-100, Pioneer PD-M60, Paradigm Studio Monitors