View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 12:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

Unhappy *UPDATE* My CRT is getting worse...

So after adjusting my VGA to DVI-I connection, the blue artifacting seemed to disappear. Shortly after, I tried increasing my CRT's refresh rate and found out about 1/2 an hour into use, it started to buzz so I reverted back to 60Hz and (although it didn't remove the noise entirely) it made it barely audible.

Now I went to sit down at my desk and bumped the table to see the worst thing imaginable. I saw my entire image warp for the briefest moment. I lightly banged my fist on the desk and kept seeing it reappear. After a quick power down and rest, I booted the CRT back up and it was gone. Although I was quickly greeted with the blue artifacting from before, which leads me to believe that problem was something to do with the CRT internally.

https://youtu.be/qrSlZ39psAs

Everyday there seems to be something new to this CRT. I've only had it for a few months and I brought it to have a CRT (+ it matches my retro setup perfectly). I'd hate to see all the cleaning and elbow grease I put into it go to waste. If anyone can help fix these issues, please do! Thank you.