View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 05:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubesrule View Post
Surprisingly little. It was more conservation than restoration. No original components in the main chassis' were changed. A few modern resistors and capacitors from work done by the RCA engineer in the 1980's to the vertical chassis' were put back to original. Even in the SPU, components like the filter caps are film type and are all still original. A few power resistors (50-100W) were open in the SPU.

Just as with the incredible luck of rescuing the set days before it was to be scrapped in 1984, by an incredible second stroke of luck, much of the original documentation and ephemera for this set was obtained a couple of years ago at a pawn shop in Tucson, placed there by the daughter of the engineer that was in charge of this project at RCA.

Darryl
Do I understand that it's you're lucky find Darryl?! I've been fascinated with TV history since I was kid and been researching the subject since then. That console with the paperwork (and the story behind it all) is hands down the true "Holy Grail" find in TV history. I would love to see a video of it working.
Audiokarma