View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 02:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

The Picture of the Day

Hey guys, I’m glad you enjoyed yesterday’s Picture of the Day. That is a new picture that I just scanned over the weekend from a 1951 Calendar and added to the POD library. I have 90 Picture-of-the–Days saved on the server at my web site (www.classicappliances.com) and I wrote a program to change the POD everyday at 1:00am central time. I was thinking it would be fun to add a second Picture of the Day button to Classic Appliances dedicated to Vintage Television Sets but I don’t quite have enough pictures and ads to scan as of yet, but I’m getting there.

By the way, if anyone has vintage ”television set” commercials that they can copy and send to me, I can digitize them and add them to our web sites video library so everyone here can download and enjoy them.

Yes, we have do have lots of videos of antique automatic washers running, at first glance that might seem truly “bananas”, but most of these early automatic washers are as rare or even rarer than the CT100. Each brand of washer does its washing process in a very different manner from the next brand, unlike modern washing machines that now all wash in same boring way, so it’s important show how the machine actually worked. In the early days there was a lot of creative thinking going on by the appliance manufacturers, but today it’s generally all the same, just like TV’s now for the most part all come in a black plastic box. Finally in the past few years, appliances as well as TVs seem to be going through a technological advancement after 20 or so years of very little progress.
Audiokarma