View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 06:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
At this point there is to much news on local TV.It used too be a quick AM morning report 12 noon , 6PM and 11PM Now they all expanded in the morning before the network news shows start .Now some channels the 6PM news to start at 4PM.Then after the late night talkers are over and after the syndicated shows some station rerun the 11PM or like CBS affiliates can go to CBS late overnight news .

The syndicated show producers are probably taking a killing with this because of all the time slots that used too be for them. Now I'm waiting to see when the station will take over the pre prime time 7 to 8PM with news.So much for the Wheel,Jeopardy,Entertainment Tonight,Inside Edition and other shows that run in the time slot.
I agree on that. It used to be the morning news came on at 6AM and went to 9AM, now it comes at 4AM and goes to 10. And nightly news used to be 10PM-11AM, not it stays on until midnight and a recap at 1AM.

I wonder sometimes if they expanded news because it's cheaper to produce than to pay for more morning chat shows, as well as syndicated shows like M*A*S*H or Cops reruns that typically aired during the wee hours after the last newscast. Some say it is to compete with cable news such as CNN, etc, but they are not anything new, so not sure the reason for the sudden expansion.
Audiokarma