Thread: Cabin Fever
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 10:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

There are a few stations around here that sell ethanol free 89 but I haven't been good about going by and buying a can of it. Costs about 40cents or more per gallon. My poor little Simplicity snow thrower hasn't been started in a couple years. Guess I should at least go out and try it. We really haven't had enough white stuff here to try it this season. I did test my old generator a few weeks ago. Took a lot of pulls but then it ran okay.

We have a waste oil heater at work. I think the boss said we started the winter with around a dozen drums but now are down to the last one. It has really started smoking/stinking, but not in the shop, just from the stack. Walking around in the parking lot, it smells worse than a refinery. Heavy sulfur sorta smell.

On better days I've still been taking the old fleet out. Took the 67 Impala out for Valentine's dinner and today we used the IH pickup, it hadn't been run for about 3 weeks. I've been letting my shoebox Ford run for a few minutes a week-I did take it out a couple weeks ago.

No yearly inspections here, and none at all on the older vehicles. That does get abused a lot. The one-time inspection on late model vehicles is very tough, though. We do them at work and a lot of cars just aren't worth fixing. Had a couple this week that needed over $1500 work to pass.