Thread: Sony DXC-M3
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2023, 05:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sony DXC-M3

Another 1984 Sony DXC-M3 survives. One of the last of the three-tube "industrial" format with Saticons in this one. I found this on e#%& and the seller said it had "stripes" in the video. It arrived and it did have stripes. I cleaned all the board connectors and no joy. The stripes were there but wandering L to R to L and intermittant as I rotated the cam. That is not something internal but local PS interference, Sure enough, a new 14 pin connector from my vault did the trick. Bad shield somewhere. Solid pix now.

It looks great for 1984 but needs a registration touchup and maybe some electronic focus touchup. I have the charts and the service manual. The detail adjustment was cranked up and backing that made a good pic at 0db gain. Above that the noise is audible. I have the CCU also but that is a mystery to me. It takes DC in via 4 pin DIN. Gotta figure out how that works. I think the VO-4800 3/4" black body PS used that. 14 pin to the camera from a Sony DC supply works for now. It came with a Canon lens and I have a NOS zoom/focus kit also that fits. Somewhere is a VF. A 40 year old cam lives!

Last edited by Dave A; 08-25-2023 at 05:08 PM.