View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Banned

Ok I have some pictures of the record player being discussed in here, including pictures of the aforementioned resistor that seems to go nowhere in the amp chassis, and a picture of the schematic from the inside of the case.

Picture number 1 shows the 220k Ohm resistor in question and the fact that only one side of the resistor is attached to the circuit and the other side is currently detached from the circuit but from where in the circuit I'm not sure because the schematic (picture number 2) doesn't really show clearly where the reistor is supposed to go in the circuit clearly one side of the reistor was supposed to go to the positive terminal of the phono input jack, and the other side was clearly attached to the positive side of the tuner input jack (as the positive wire from the tuner input jack is still attached to the other side of the resistor) but as for where the detached side of the resistor was supposed to go in the circuit as a whole I'm not sure as its not marked very well on the schematic and might be why the amp and record player has a hum to it, but not sure, maybe someone on here can make better sense of the schematic than I can, because normally I don't have any issues with reading a schematic but this one is unusually hard follow for me some reason.

Now for the last picture, I have a question about the supposed pilot lamp lens. For some reason or another the pilot lamp lense is a 5 inch long plastic rod that goes into the cabinet and rests up against a piece of wood that is flexible to the touch and when you push on the pilot lamp lens it goes into the cabinet and back out almost like a push button because of that piece of flexible wood it rests up against. My question is, why would they design the pilot lamp lens in that manner? It doesn't really make any sense and it definitely doesn't make any functional sense as it doesn't function as a push-button switch of any sort so why would you have a pilot lamp lense like that?

The rest of the pictures are photos of the cabinet and the turntable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2543.jpg (74.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2544.jpg (72.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2545.jpg (73.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2546.jpg (53.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2547.jpg (61.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2548.jpg (53.5 KB, 14 views)