View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 09:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
You can add a zero to the value of your TV-7 if it's in very good working condition
Wow! Well, I have tested a lot of tubes with it, and it's never done me wrong, but if I had to pay $700 I would probably look at more affordable options. That said I wouldn't sell it either, because then how on earth would I test 2A3s.

I am also a lot more adept at using the TV-7 than the 667, I have had it longer and I find the pointer knobs and its physical layout a lot more appealing and better designed for testing lots of different tubes in a row. The 667 has the edge in heater cathode leakage though and I like its great big meter.

The roll chart in the 667 is a bunch of nonsense, I have a printed copy I use instead of wheeling back and forth.

Oh and another word about EICO, mine was originally a kit and the original builder made some wiring errors. I had to troubleshoot it when I got it because certain aspects didn't work properly (the transistor tester). The TV-7 on the other hand came with a bunch of military calibration stickers on it and built like a tank.