View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 10:12 AM
Alchemizes cash to tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chester View Post
I'm not sure a wireless jack will have the guts to ring that phone. You may have to source an external ringer/driver to do the job.
That would explain a lot, though I did get it to work with a later model 500 before (one that has the RJ11 jack standard, instead of the 4 prong cable)

Quote:
Have you tried the jack with a more modern, all "electronic" phone? Low REN number, etc...
I'll try an absolutely modern wireless to be certain, though.

Quote:
Is pulling a cable out of the question? Or have you dropped POTS service?
We use VOIP, I think through Verizon right now. We have a central box that provides our phone service wirelessly, and through a jack in the back.

I'm wondering if part of the problem is the phone itself. I'm almost certain the jacks are dead, and the adapter is questionable, but when I plugged it directly into the jack on the central box using that adapter, I didn't get a dial tone. I can tell the plug isn't seating well in the adapter, but I'm not convinced there's anything there that can go bad.

I guess I really need to check the adapter and whether the jack from that box is providing enough power to drive the phone. Does anyone make an adapter that would plug into an outlet to provide the phone with power, if the jack doesn't supply it?